Whether the arrival of Aunty Flo has you relieved, disappointed or just meh, here are some tips to help you out with your period's return....
During your period you can try -
- An earlier bedtime, your body needs more rest at the moment!
- Saying no to things that aren't good for your mental health (actually try this all the time!)
- Drinking our Period. loose leaf tea, it's full of good stuff to help you feel better and caffeine free
- A lovely, long soak in a warm bath with Epsom salts or try Epzen
- Foods rich in Omega-3 like avocado, salmon and seaweed - time to order in some sushi!
And if possible avoid -
- Strenuous exercise, switch it up for something lower key like gentle yoga
- Excessive caffeine
- Stressful situations (again, let's always do this!)
- Skipping meals or not fuelling your body with nutrient-rich foods
- Booze, soz. But your body will thank you and you'll be better off without dealing with hangxiety the next day!
And of course we're all different so listen to your body and speak to a healthcare professional if you're concerned about any part of your period!